Thursday, May 7, 2009

Karthikeyan to race for Team Kolles in Le Mans series


New Delhi, May 07: Team Kolles has roped in Indian driver Narain Karthikeyan for the Le Mans 24-hour race as well as the European Le Mans series after he impressed the owners during tests in the Audi R10 TDI LMP1 Sportscar.

Karthikeyan, the only Indian to race in Formula One, will take part in the 24-hour endurance race at Le Mans on June 13 and 14 while his first race for Team Kolles will be at European Le Mans Series in Spa on Sunday.

"I am very excited and happy to be racing in the Le Mans 24-hour race with Team Kolles and would like to thank Dr Kolles very much for this opportunity," Karthikeyan said in a statement.

"I really enjoyed the recent endurance test at Paul Ricard which gave me a good idea of the performance of the car and the difficulties I will be faced with, all I can say is I cannot wait to get behind the wheel. I am also really looking forward to racing on Sunday at Spa in Belgium, in the LMS series and this is a 1000km endurance race."

Colin Kolles, owner of Team Kolles said, "I am happy to have Narain on board and looking forward to this weekend at Spa.

0 comments: