Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It was my day: Yusuf Pathan


Pretoria, April 28: After playing a blistering knock of 62 off just 30 balls that helped Rajasthan Royals beat Delhi Daredevils by 5 wickets, hero of the match Yusuf Pathan said that it was his day and he just backed my strengths.

“Today was my day. I was hitting them quite well. I didn`t target any bowler. I just backed my strengths and that is exactly what Smith told me all the time.”

“Targeting the shorter boundaries was a conscious tactic. I appreciate Warne for planning things so well. A lot of credit goes to him and Smith,” said the Baroda batsman.

Captain of Rajasthan Royals Shane Warne said, “We thought that Yusuf down the order would be of great help. We wanted someone at the top to stay till the end and Smith used all his experience and that helped us a lot.”

“Yusuf struck the ball well and he is in good touch too, I always felt that he could do it for us. The ploy worked,” a visibly happy Warne said.

Daredevils captain Sehwag said: “I can`t complain about that knock from Yusuf. We dropped a vital catch and when you drop catches, it hurts you a lot."

0 comments: