Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tait hopes to play for Rajasthan Royals in closing stages


Melbourne, April 28: Australia speedster Shaun Tait is hoping to turn out for the Rajasthan Royals in the closing stages of the Indian Premier League after joining practice this week following three months on the sidelines due to chronic hamstring tendonitis.

Tait, who was bought by the Royals for USD 375,000, was stopped from playing in IPL by Cricket Australia on medical grounds. But the pacer now feels he has made enough recovery from his injury and hopes to get the clearance from CA.

"If I can get myself fit, and there is a window for the final two or three games, that would be fantastic," Tait said.

"Because of injury, CA weren`t keen to release me to play (in the IPL), which ruled me out of training and playing with Rajasthan. That was pretty frustrating, because it was something I wanted to be a part of. But now that I am back in the nets and feeling good, hopefully there`s a chance there," he was quoted as saying by a leading cricket website.

The 26-year-old Tait felt the IPL would provide him the opportunity to stake claim in Australia`s squad for the World Twenty20 in June.

"I will keep bowling in nets, but it would be good to get a few games under my belt. I`m not sure if I`m in selectors` minds for Twenty20 World Cup, but if so, then a few IPL games mightn`t be a bad thing. Opportunity for a county stint before one-dayers in England would be great too."

0 comments: